lundi 2 décembre 2013

Glenfiddich Distillery


During our wee trip North with work, we got the chance to visit Glenfiddich distillery. I am not a big whisky fan, but every time I go to a distillery or a brewery, I love the smell of barley getting boiled. Slowly, as you enter the rooms one by one, the smell gets stronger and closer to the one of whisky. There is also this esthetic grace: the golden pipes and giant containers, the barrels made of American wood, the caves with the oldest whisky. 

I loved visiting Glenfiddich because the visit is really well thought. I particularly liked the movie at the beginning of the visit. It was all about the first days of the distillery, the people who made it and their pride of being Scottish. It also made me proud to live here, in such an amazing country, which has so much to offer!

We were lucky to be there in the evening and to witness the sunset and its wonders on the environment's colours. 

We then got to taste three whiskies: a 12-year old, a 15-year old and an 18-year old. Though I am nothing of a proper connaisseur, I must say this time I took it a bit more seriously and my taste-buds were cooperating. I loved the smell of the 18-year old whisky but I prefered the taste of the 15-year old one.

Here are a few pictures I took when we were there.












Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire