mercredi 6 novembre 2013

Paloma Faith and the Guy Barker Orchestra


Last week, my friend Helene and I went to a super exciting concert : Paloma Faith and the Guy Barker Orchestra! I had been waiting for this show since September and there it was. The Usher Hall is such a beautiful place. And lucky us: we were at the VERY top of the balcony. Up on my heels, it felt like I was going bungie-jumping! Sorry for the bad quality of my zoom on the coming pictures, we were just really far from the stage...

Guy Barker introduced us to his musicians with excitement and humour. Some of them, he said, were part of orchestras creating the James Bond and Harry Potter musics. They certainly were brilliant! We then got to hear the two chorists of Paloma Faith: Sabrina Moriki and Naomi Miller – the last one being my favourite with her funk, her dynamism and her joy filtering through her warm and strong voice. 


 And then of course, she came on the stage: the amazing Paloma! In her little red dress, she looked like a doll. Her voice filled the room at once, powerful and emotional from the girl who’s seen and lived so many things, both happy and heart-breaking. And then there is this little joke here and there and her cute little laugh. She managed to create such a beautiful atmosphere. I was absorbed! And so was Helene who came with no idea who Paloma Faith was before the singer came on stage.



Do you know Paloma Faith? What do you think of her songs, her music? 
My favourite song is “Picking Up the Pieces” that always brings a tear to my eye – usually in the most stupid place like, say… on my way to work! It’s both very sad and very strong, from the girl who wants to fight to be the one and yet is so deeply in love she has to shut up. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire